Responsibilities of iDrive Alberta Driver Education
1. The school will provide training in a timely and professional manner.
2. The Driver Training vehicle will be clean and in good running condition.
The vehicle will have a valid licence plate,
registration and insurance.
3. Your driving instructor is licenced by Alberta Transportation and will
produce his or her instructor`s licence and
operator`s licence upon request.
4. If the school has to cancel a lesson due to instructor illness, vehicle
break down, etc., every effort will be made to
accommodate the student and to reschedule the lesson.
5. The driving instructor will give full attention to the student during the
in-vehicle lesson. The instructor`s cell phone
will be off and may not be used unless the vehicle is safely stopped and the
student gives permission.
6. An in-vehicle report card/student summary with a detailed evaluation will
be completed by the instructor and
explained at the completion of each lesson.
7. School will retain all the records for 2 years, in case duplicate
certificate is needed.
8. Withdrawals and full refund if services not availed can be claimed with
in 30 days of registration.
9. Partial refunds can be claimed within 6 months if course is not
Responsibilities of Parent / Guardian & Student
1. The student must possess, at minimum, a class 7 Alberta licence and have
the licence in their possession during all
2. A student who attends a course that offers a 'Driver Education Course
Completion Certificate' must have the
required minimum hours of training for the specific course and must pass the
evaluation before they can receive the certificate.
3. Any acts of negligence on the Student's part that result in damages or
fines will be the responsibility of the student.
4. Learning to drive must be taken seriously. Students are expected to give
best efforts during classroom and invehicle lessons. Unacceptable behavior
(drinking, drugs, swearing, continually being late, etc.) will not be
and the School may discontinue the lesson at the Student's expense.
5. During a Driver Training lesson, in-classroom or in-vehicle, all
electronic communication devices (e.g., cell phones)
are not to be used by the student.
6. Cancellation of lessons must be made at least 24 hours in advance,
otherwise, a $65.00 cancellation fee will be
charged. The School may waive the fee if, in its sole discretion, it
determines the circumstances merit doing so.
7. An additional 40 - 50 hours of supervised practice during and after the
in-car lessons is strongly recommended for
all student drivers. Ongoing supervision is strongly recommended for all
newly licenced drivers.